Many of our clients have seen HUGE savings on their prescription costs by making use of the new $4/month and $10/3 month supply generic prescription lists at their local pharmacies. You don’t even have to run your prescriptions through your insurance to use the program. Just locate your prescription on one of the following lists and have it filled at that pharmacy. Not all generics are included in all lists, so you might have to compare lists to see if you can locate your medications.
In addition to the programs below, our agency has also negotiated a no-cost Prescription Drug Discount Card through the Canal Fulton Chamber of Commerce. Enjoy average savings of 19-20% on brand name drugs and average savings up to 79% for generics! Cards can also be used for the purchase of diabetic equipment, vision expenses, and hearing aids.
- Buehler’s (now Ritzman Pharmacy) – Ritzman Pharmacy now runs the pharmacy locations within Buehler’s. They have a prescription club, and it is unclear from the website if there is a fee to join.
- CVS – 10 prescriptions can qualify you for $5 in ExtraBucks rewards
- Discount Drug Mart– offers a limited number of prescriptions for $1.99 for 30 days and $5.89 for 90 days.
- Giant Eagle – Giant Eagle appears to have done away with their discounted prescription prices and instead offers FuelPerks to customers on their prescription purchases
- Kmart – Kmart now offers $5 worth of rewards points for customers who purchase 5 prescriptions in a 12 month period. Reward points can only be used at Kmart and Sears stores and are only valid for 14 days
- Kroger – It does not appear as though Kroger participates in any discounted prescription programs at this time
- Marc’s – Two options: a limited number of prescriptions for $1.99 for 30 days. Also has a $3.99/9.99 or less Generic Rx List
- Meijer – Does not offer the $4/$10 program, but has provisions for certain free antibiotics and prenatal vitamins.
- Rite Aid – Does not appear to have a discount program at this time
- Sam’s Club– There are five specific medications that Sam’s Club offers for FREE. There is a list of over 600 generics available for $10 or less. You must be a Plus Member of Sam’s Club to qualify for either program
- Target – Pharmacy services are now provided by CVS. If you get 10 prescriptions filled at a Target CVS, you can earn a $5 Target gift card
- Walgreens – Walgreens allows you to earn Balance Rewards for your prescriptions: 100 points for every 30-day prescription picked up in store, 300 points for every 90-day prescription, 100 points per vaccination
- Walmart – $4/10 Program
Also, many of our providers offer online access to your prescription benefits and mail order information.